Here’s a wrap up of our recent stories in the news:
- The Manly Daily reported on the passing of COBLH patient Dylan Butler and the perils of ignoring signs of testicular cancer. The story was also covered by 7 News Sydney, The Daily Telegraph and the Northern Star.
- Parramatta man Tony Spirovski was featured in the Parramatta Advertiser on his bid to compete in Action Star, a reality TV show. Profits from the live finale go to COBLH.
- The finale of a new series, Action Star, will be filmed in Bankstown, and include an auction where all profits from the evening will go straight to the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse. – The Express
- Action Star Entertainment is behind a new T.V series, with all donations from the live finale in Bankstown going straight towards the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, reports The Daily Telegraph
- The Daily Telegraph reported on a charity dinner involving Rabbitohs and Roosters players, with all profits donated to the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- The Sydney Morning Herald reported on RPA patient Dan Gaffney who comes to COBLH to for imaging and to see his haematologist. Dan has been denied access to chemotherapy drug Velcade by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee.