On Friday the 2nd of March, it was announced at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse that patients will get streamlined access to medicinal cannabis, cutting the current waiting period by weeks .
- ABC News reported on Health Minister Greg Hunt’s visit to Lifehouse, where he announced that red tape surrounding Medicinal cannabis will be slashed to provide faster access to NSW patients.
- Ten News spoke to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse patient, Teena Clerke, about what easier access to medical cannabis will mean for her.
- The government’s plan to create a single application process to access medical cannabis, means that patients will typically get approval within 36 hours, rather than waiting months for an outcome, announced at Lifehouse on Friday. – SBS News
- New South Wales is now the nation’s leader for patients requiring pain-relieving medicinal cannabis, after the announcement at the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse that red tape will be slashed, covered by 7 News.
- Federal Minister for Health, Greg Hunt, and NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard have today announced that there will be a single application process for medicinal cannabis, with 2DayFM stating ths move will streamline the process.
- The 7:30 Report covered the slashing of red tape surrounding the use of medicinal cannabis in NSW, which was announced at the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse last Friday.