Clinic D, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
119 – 143 Missenden Road
227/2-8 Brookhollow Ave
Phone: 1300 389 559
Fax: 8676 6900
Dr Tania Hossack is a consultant urologist at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse and Western Sydney Area Health Service (Auburn, Westmead, Blacktown and Mt Druitt hospitals). She co-runs the uro-oncology clinic at the Crowned Princess Mary Cancer centre in Westmead.
Tania studied at the University of Sydney under the assistance of the Norman Dunlop scholarship. During her time at medical school she was awarded the Wolfe Solomon Brown prize and John Irvine Hunter prizes. After graduating with first class honours she commenced her internship at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. During surgical training she was award the Mark Killingback prize for best surgical presentation. During her general surgical training years she developed an interest in urology and after two years swapped specialties. After gaining her urology fellowship she undertook a Masters of Surgery (Urology) at the University of Sydney. She has published widely, and presented at local and international meetings. She is currently a senior lecturer at the University of Western Sydney.
FRACS, USANZ, AMA
Current Teaching Positions
UWS – Senior Lecturer
· Morris, S and T Edwards. Control of osmoregulation via regulation of Na/K-ATPase activity in the amphibious purple shore crab Leptograsus variegates. Comp Biochem Physio 1995, 112C (2):129-136
· Morris, S and T Edwards. Circulatory, acid-base and respiratory responses of the purple shore crab Leptograsus variegates to immersion. J Exp Mar Biol Ecol 1996, 196:189-211
· Hossack, T and M. Solomon. Ano-cutaneous flap repair for complex and recurrent suprasphincteric anal fistula. Colorectal disease 2005, 7(2):187-92
· Hossack, T and H. Woo. “Acceptance of repeat transrectal ultrasonography guided prostate biopsies with local anaesthesia” BJU 2011, 107(supp 3):38-42
· Woo H and T Hossack: Photoselective vaporization for prostatic obstruction with the 120-W lithium triborate laser: 1-year clinical outcomes. Int J Urol 2011,18(2):162-5
· H Woo and T Hossack. “Photoselective Vaporisation of the Prostate With the 120W Lithium Triborate Laser in Men Taking Coumadin” Urology 2011, pending
· Chen, Y., Hossack, T., Woo, H. Long-Term Results of Bipolar Radiofrequency Needle Ablation of the Prostate for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. Journal of endourology 2011; 25:837-40
· Spernat, D, T Hossack, H Woo. Photoselective Vaporisation of the Prostate in Men Taking Clopidogrel. Urology Annuals. 2011, 3:93-95
· Hossack, T and H. Woo. Sexual function outcome following photoselective vaporization of the prostate. Int Urol Nephro. Vol 44 2012: 359-364
· F. Kallenberg, T. A. Hossack, and H. H. Woo, “ Long-Term Follow-up after Electrocautery Transurethral Resection of the Prostate for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia,” Advances in Urology, vol. 2011, Article ID 359478, 6 pages, 2011. doi:10.1155/2011/359478
· Huo, A. T Hossack, P Stricker. Accuracy of Primary Systematic Template-guided Transperineal Prostate Biopsy in Locating Prostate Cancer- Comparison with radical prostatectomy specimens. J Uro June 2012.
· Haddad R, Hossack T, Woo H. Results of low threshold to biopsy following high-intensity focused ultrasound for localized prostate cancer. Urology annals may (4) 2012
· Hossack T, Patel M, Huo A et al. Location and pathological characteristics of cancers in radical prostatectomy specimens identified by transperineal biopsy compared to trans-rectal biopsy. J Urol Sept 2012
· Yeun C, Hossack T, Hayes A et al. Impact of Percentage of Positive Biopsy Cores on Biochemical Outcome in patients Treated With Low-Dose Rate (Iodine-125) Brachytherapy for prostate Cancer. Open Prostate cancer J. 2012
· Hossack, Tania, and Henry Woo. “Validation of a patient reported outcome questionnaire for assessing success of endoscopic prostatectomy.” Prostate international 2.4 (2014): 182-187.
· Dantanarayana, N. D., Hossack, T., Cozzi, P., Brooks, A., Lau, H., Delprado, W., & Patel, M. I. (2015). Men under the age of 55 years with screen detected prostate cancer do not have less significant disease compared to older men in a population of patients in Australia. BMC urology, 15(1), 1.
· Cerimagic, S., Ahmadi, N., Gurney, H., Hossack, T., & Patel, M. I. (2015). Positive lifestyle changes following urological cancer diagnoses–an Australian interview based study. International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare, 8(2), 110-119.
· Al-Bermani, O., Okullo A, Patel M, Bariol S, Hossack T, Ende D. “Pre-operative urinary tract infections and complications at time of ureteropyeloscopy for urolithiasis: experience from a high volume centre.” Bju International 117 (2016): 7.
· Macneil, James, and Tania Hossack. “A Case of Metastatic Melanoma in the Ureter.” Case Reports in Urology 2016 (2016).
· Chughtai, B, Forde JC, Thomas, DD, Laor, l, Hossack T, Te AE, Kaplan SA. et al. “Benign prostatic hyperplasia.” Nature reviews. Disease primers 2 (2015): 16031-16031.
· Okullo, Alfin, et al. “Necrotising myofasciitis as the initial presentation of a vesico‐urethral anastomotic leak after radical prostatectomy.” ANZ Journal of Surgery (2017).
· Macneil, James WH, Peter Michail, Manish I. Patel, Julie Ashbourne, Simon V. Bariol, David A. Ende, Tania A. Hossack, Howard Lau, Audrey C. Wang, and Andrew J. Brooks. “Semi‐Automatic Electronic Stent Register: a novel approach to preventing ureteric stents lost to follow up.” ANZ Journal of Surgery (2017).