Dr Kevin Nguyen is an Ear, Nose and Throat; Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgeon (OHNS). He completed his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medical Science at Melbourne University in 2008 and went on to complete his internship and residency at Austin Health in Melbourne before commencing advanced surgical training.
Dr Nguyen currently works in several hospitals in NSW including Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Wollongong Hospital.
Kevin has a keen interest in teaching and is often involved in teaching medical students, junior medical staff, advanced surgical trainees and presenting in-services for nursing staff. He is a member of the teaching faculty for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – Training in Professional Skills.
Dr Nguyen has a sub-specialty interest in head and neck cancer, involving both cancer removal and reconstructive surgery. In addition, he also treats general adult and paediatric ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) conditions, salivary gland and thyroid conditions, nasal airway and sinus conditions, voice and swallow, as well as snoring and sleep related disorders.
FRACS – Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
ASOHNS – Australian Society of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
ANZHNCS – Australia and New Zealand Head and Neck Cancer Society
AMA – Australian Medical Association
- Course faculty instructor- Training In Professional Standards (TIPS), RACS
- Co-convener for Head and Neck Dissection Course, COBL
- Presenter for Regional education program, COBL
- Teaching Presentations to SET accredited surgical trainees, RACS
- Examiner for practice FRACS fellowship exams, ASOHNS ( The Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery)
- Presenter for airway teaching program for nursing staff, COBL/ Eastern Health
- Lecturer for intern and junior medical officer teaching program
- Lecturer for Medical Student teaching program: Melbourne Uni, Monash Uni, University of Sydney