Professor Henry Woo
Director of Uro-Oncology, Professor of Robotic Cancer Surgery
MBBS (Sydney), FRACS (Urology)
Phone: (02) 8514 0432
Fax: (02) 9473 8969
Prof. Henry Woo is the director of Uro-Oncology and professor of Robotic Cancer Surgery at Lifehouse. He is also professor of surgery in the Discipline of Surgery of the Sydney Medical School at the University of Sydney. As a urological surgeon at Lifehouse, his clinical practice is sub-specialised and dedicated to prostate cancer. Additional to a significant experience in robotic prostate cancer surgery, he has a substantial expertise and experience in complex open prostate surgery.
Professor Woo has published extensively and has over 130 peer reviewed scientific papers and several book chapters. He is an Associate Editor of the prestigious Nature-owned journal “Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases” and was previously the foundation Editor-in-Chief of the educational portal “BJUI Knowledge”. He is a regular reviewer for all of the major urological journals and is on the editorial boards of European Urology, BJUI, Prostate International, Asian Journal of Urology, Prostate Cancer Prostatic Diseases and World Journal of Men’s Health.
Prof. Woo serves as a Board Director on the Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group (ANZUP) as well as the charitable Australasian Urological Foundation (AUF). He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Asian Pacific Prostate Society (APPS).
Woo is passionate about clinical trials and procuring the best evidenced-based options for his prostate cancer patients. He also has particular interests in professionalism in surgery, surgical education and in particular the role of social media in learning and health advocacy.
Professor of Surgery, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney
- Board Director, Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer (ANZUP)
- Board Director, Australian Urological Foundation
- Inaugural Editor-in-Chief, BJUI Knowledge, 2012- 2015
- Associate Editor, Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Disease
- Editorial Board of journals: Prostate Cancer Prostatic Diseases, European Urology, BJUI, Prostate International, World Journal of Men’s Health, World Journal of Clinical Urology
- Executive Committee, Asian Pacific Prostate Society
- Social Media WorkGroup, American Urological Association
- Member: Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand (USANZ), American Urological Association (AUA), European Association of Urology (EAU), Societe Internationale d’Urologie (SIU), International Endourology Association, Australian Medical Association (AMA).