Dr Georgia Harris
BSc(Adv) MBBS(Hons) MPH FRANZCR
Phone: (02) 8514 0023
Fax: (02) 9383 1760
Dr Georgia Harris is a radiation oncologist based at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
After graduating with honours from the University of Sydney in 2008, Georgia became an intern and resident at Prince of Wales Hospital, before training in radiation oncology at Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney. She then undertook a post-graduate Fellowship in palliative radiotherapy at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in Toronto, Canada.
Upon returning to Australia, Georgia took up the role of staff specialist radiation oncologist at Liverpool and Macarthur Cancer Therapy Centres in Sydney, before moving across to Lifehouse in May 2018.
Georgia specialises predominantly in breast cancer, and works as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing tailored treatment to patients. She also has keen interests in colorectal cancer as well as palliative radiotherapy. She is passionate about technical innovation and the provision of high quality radiotherapy treatment, and patient centred care.
Georgia is actively involved in clinical trials and in the teaching of radiation oncology trainees and medical students at the University of Sydney Central Clinical School.
- The University of Sydney, RANZCR Phase 2 Combined Network Teaching Coordinator
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ESTRO)
- ANZ Breast Cancer Trials Group (ANZBCT)
- Australasian Society for Breast Disease (ASBD)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)