Dr Jonker is a neurosurgeon with an interest in both open neurosurgery and stereotactic radiosurgery (focused radiation) for brain tumours and trigeminal neuralgia.
He trained in Australia and did Fellowships in Canada (Calgary) and the USA (Los Angeles). He is the only neurosurgeon in Australia who has completed overseas fellowships in the field of Stereotactic Radiosurgery who is currently performing this technique.
Current Teaching Positions
Clinical Senior Lecturer University of Sydney – Lectures in Evidence Based Medicine and Neurosciences
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- World Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Association of Australia
- Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology (COGNO)