Our specialists can help manage a person’s cancer symptoms and side effects at all stages of cancer treatment from the time of diagnosis, during treatment and beyond. To ensure our patients have the best quality of life while living with cancer, we care for the whole person and consider their physical, psychological and social well-being.
What can you expect from a holistic medical consultation?
A holistic medical consultation with our supportive care and integrative oncology specialist physician includes:
- Comprehensive assessment of current health condition: including full symptom review with specific assessment related to potential cancer treatment toxicities and cancer related symptoms.
- A whole person care approach: a patient-tailored strategy of care attuned to the individual’s biophysical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs and concerns.
- The best evidence based complementary therapies, lifestyle changes, nutrition and exercise therapies that are most beneficial to enhancing wellbeing and managing symptoms.
- Exploration of the safe use of herbs and supplements (including medicinal cannabis).
- Development of a multidisciplinary care plan together with the patient and treating team.
You can have a holistic medical consultation at any stage of your disease from the time of diagnosis through to survivorship and for advanced cancer patients. If you are concerned about your cancer risk, a consultation can help identify changes you can make to reduce the risk.