Are you passionate about helping people with cancer make their voices heard? Do you have ideas about how to improve the patient experience for people with cancer?
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse cancer hospital is seeking members from diverse backgrounds to join its Partnership Advisory Council as volunteers to represent the voice of the patient.
Based in Camperdown, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is a not-for-profit cancer hospital offering care from diagnosis to treatment and wellness.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse provides a full range of services to ensure patients receive all the cancer care they need in a single facility: this includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation oncology, research, supportive care and evidence-based complementary therapies including acupuncture, mindfulness, reflexology, massage and exercise physiology.
The Partnership Advisory Council
The Partnership Advisory Council (PAC) was formed in 2013 to represent consumers at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse to ensure community views are considered in major decisions regarding health services.
As part of the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse consumer engagement strategy, the PAC advises the hospital executive committee matters relating to patient experience. The mission of The PAC is to represent the voice of the patient and enhance his or her journey through advocacy and influence.
The PAC is looking for new members to add to its diverse and experienced group, which meets for two hours every second month at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
Members of The PAC have experienced cancer or chronic illness either as a patient or a carer.
This is a voluntary position and members are selected on their ability to:
- understand the needs, experiences and healthcare concerns of the different consumer groups and communities that access Chris O’Brien Lifehouse services.
- be involved in broad community issues and have experience as an active community participant or community representative.
- Represent the patient voice in Chris O’Brien Lifehouse governance committees.
- Work cohesively and actively on a committee.
- Develop and deliver patient and family-centric projects.
Visit the website for information on current members: https://www.mylifehouse.org.au/about-lifehouse/partnership-council/