Lifehouse in the news – Over the past couple of months Chris O’Brien Lifehouse has been featured in media outlets for being leaders in cancer care and research.
- Nurse Practitioner Shannon Philp was a finalist for the 2021 HESTA awards Nurse of the Year, as reported by PHnews and Hospital Health. Shannon went on to win the HESTA Nurse of the Year and was left “speechless,” says Mirage news.
- After working with cancer patients and their families for over a decade, clinical psychologist Dr Toni Lindsay has written ‘The Cancer Companion: How to navigate your way from diagnosis to treatment and beyond’.
- The family of Tara Neilsen drove a convoy of Mustangs from Western Sydney to Lake Macquarie over the Easter long weekend raising money for Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- Riley Whatman ran from Goolong to Cowra in May earlier this year to raise funds for Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, ” I lost a grandfather last year on the second of May to a brain tumour”, said Riley. The fundraiser raised more that $2800 and Riley hopes to do the 41km run again next year.
- After being diagnosed with an advanced and aggressive melanoma, 25 year old Meabh’s friends and family have created a fundraiser so her and her son Noah are able to return home to Ireland to spend much needed time with family and friends. Meabh is currently receiving her treatment at ChrisO’Brien Lifehouse.
- Yahoo Sports, 7News, Fox Sports and the Daily Mail have all reported on Olympic gold medallist Michael Klim who has shared a series of photos after having a cyst removed from his throat at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- The 99th Annual Kytherian Debutante Ball was held earlier last month where all donations were for Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- Deborah Hutton expressed the gratitude she has for her surgeon and nurses at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse one year after surgery to remove two skin cancers.
- Chris O’Brien Lifehouse’s Suzi Hannan appeared on ABC radio discussing job security.
- Chief Clinical Officer Prof Michael Boyer spoke on cancer care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chris O’Brien Lifehouse becomes the first hospital in the world to implement BridgeHead’s RAPid Data Protection solution running in the AWS Public Cloud.
- Specialist Neurosurgeon and Researcher Dr Brindha Shivalingam appeared on A Current Affair with patient Luke Sloane.
- Prof Michael Boyer spoke to the Sydney Morning Herald on the truth about alcohol and cancer.
- Medical oncologist Dr Sanjeev Kumar was part of an editorial by Oncology Republic, speaking about the cancer community.
- A Prof Judith Lacey and Chief Clinical Officer Michael Boyer spoke to the Oncology Republic, on immunotherapy, supportive care and combination therapies.
- A Prof Carsten Palme, Director of Head and Neck Surgery at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse appeared on 9News speaking on research showing an increasing number of people being diagnosed with mouth cancer, “Within the last few years we’ve been able to really automate this process, speed up this process and really make it part of our routine care delivery for these patients,” said Palme.
- A Prof Natalka Suchowerska, director of VectorLAB at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse spoke on the new 3D printer that will be one of only five in the world and the first in a hospital.
- Tilray Inc, a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, production and distribution, announced that it received approvals to launch it’s medical products across the country. In addition to supplying medical cannabis to hospitals and pharmacies, Tilray partners with research institutions such as The Government of New South Wales and Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
- The team led by Prof Jonathon Clark from Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, in conjunction with the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) have been awarded over $3.7million in funding to develop 3D bioprinting technology to reduce the effects of head and neck cancer surgery.
- Uro Today, reported on the phase 2 trial in prostate cancer involving some of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse’s medical oncologists.
- A head and neck cancer surgeon has written a book that aims to highlight the significant roles of inflammation in head and neck malignancy.
- A Pilot study will be taking place at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse on iX Biopharma ketamine wafers to be evaluated for cancer pain treatment.