The State and Federal Governments have initiated further measures to ensure the safety of the community in this evolving health emergency.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Executive Team and medical staff have taken further measures to ensure we continue to provide safe services to our patient community.
We are respecting your safety and the social distancing guidelines through:
- Access to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is restricted to the 2 main entrances only.
- All patients’ visitors and all staff are being screened at these entrances.
- We want to keep you out of hospital where possible so we are rapidly converting clinic visits to telemedicine. You will be contacted and your specialist will conduct the consultation without you needing to come to the hospital. It’s a bit different for us in the city, but our friends in the bush do this all the time.
- If you need to come to hospital for your chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment this will continue as planned, we just ask that you let us know if you become unwell at all during this time by calling your treatment team.
- All patients attending for surgery continue to be contacted prior to their operation.
- If you have a friend or family member in hospital, we ask you to ‘help us to keep everyone safe’ and consider using Skye, Facetime or phone calls to stay in touch. We know how much contact means for our patients, so we ask visitors to organise a visiting roster. This will enable us to protect and support everyone.
We want to reassure you that we are continuing to provide services. We have a hotline available, tel 02 8514 1111 if you have any concerns or queries.