Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, located in central Sydney and is one of Australia’s leading comprehensive cancer centres. With 8 theatres, 125 beds, 18 bed ICU, chemotherapy, Radiation oncology, co-located research and clinical trials and supportive care service, we provide comprehensive treatment across all tumour streams, improving patient experience and clinical outcomes.
Our Great hospital offers patients and employees a modern and safe environment specifically designed deliver individual patient centred care
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, enthusiastic Physiotherapist to work as a Level1/2 Physiotherapist. This is a part-time role 4 day per week (Thursday to Sunday) starting in February 2022.
The successful applicant will need advanced clinical practise skills in ICU and acute care in the management of complex patients across a broad spectrum of inpatient care (head and neck surgery, abdominal surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, and medical wards). The successful applicant will work Thursday through to Sunday to manage the complex caseload of post-surgical and acutely unwell patients. On Thursday and Friday, the position will work within the wider physiotherapy team, but over the weekend you will be the sole inpatient physiotherapist working in ICU and the wards over. You should possess an ability to work independently over the weekend and be able to prioritise your caseload accordingly.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is a fully integrated cancer facility that takes a revolutionary approach to helping those suffering with cancer by bringing together all elements of cancer care, treatment, research, education and emotional support within the one centre of excellence. Our vision is to transform the treatment of cancer, bringing hope to the lives of cancer patients, their careers and families, and to advance the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of the disease.
The main duties and responsibilities for the successful applicant will include:
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy assessment, treatment and advice to patients in ICU, HDU, surgical and medical wards.
- To work independently and manage a complex caseload on the weekends.
- Engagement with the multidisciplinary team.
- Development and engagement in quality improvement activities and research as appropriate.
- To advocate for and promote the physiotherapy service within the hospital.
To be considered for the position you require:
- You must be an Australian Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and AHPRA
- Relevant clinical experience in the acute hospital setting, with advanced clinical reasoning skills in treating complex patient caseloads, ICU, surgical and medical cardiorespiratory physiotherapy, including inpatient oncology and neurological physiotherapy,
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, liaison and negotiation skills
- An ability to work independently with demonstrated excellent initiative, time management and leadership skills
Lifehouse employment benefits:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Great people & work environment
- Free security onsite parking available for weekend shifts.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Not for profit employment benefits
To find out more please contact Bill Zafiropoulos, Senior Physiotherapist on 85140642 or Toni Lindsay, Allied health manager on Toni.Lindsay@lh.org.au
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31st of Jan 2022.
All expressions of interest are welcome!
This is a Category A position. To be employed by Chris O’Brien Lifehouse you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy. Information regarding this Policy is available on our careers website: http://www.mylifehouse.org.au/aboutlifehouse/careers/
Lifehouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all our current open positions. If you require assistance, please let us know at the time of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.