- Fix-term fulltime position
- 2 positions available
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is a not-for-profit, independent comprehensive centre specialising in-state-of-the-art advanced treatment and research for public and private patients who are suffering from rare and complex cancer cases. Situated alongside Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney in Camperdown, the hospital sees more than 40,000 people every year for screening, diagnosis or treatment, using the latest technology in a modern, purpose-built cancer hospital.
The Radiation Oncology Fellows are integral part to our clinical services, working closely with the specialists and multidisciplinary teams. The successful candidates will be responsible for undertaking assigned duties related to patient care and research projects (clinical and/or laboratory based).
The Radiation Oncology Fellows are responsible for the day to day supervision of registrars and is also involved in teaching at various levels. The Fellows may also carry out other duties and projects as allocated by the Director of Radiation Oncology
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the delivery oncology clinical care for both in- and out-patients including possible on-call roster
- Attendance at out-patient clinics
- Care of in-patients
- Participation in clinical research (existing or to initiate and develop a relevant clinical projection) with aims to present or publish research work
- Promote and encourage a culture of research within the department
- Current medical practitioner and specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Awarded the Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (having completed and passed Part 2 examination or be eligible for RANZCR Fellowship having successfully completed the RANZCR Phase 2 examination)
- Criminal Record and Working with Children Checks
To be successful for this role you will need:
- High standard of all aspects of radiation oncology clinical care in accordance with current best (evidence-based) practice and demonstrated adequate skill to manage patients independently
- Commitment to quality improvement, patient safety and risk management
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development and self-education
- Interest in clinical research (preferably with experience)
- Willingness to participate in teaching of undergraduate students and/or specialist trainees
- Willingness to participate in on-call roster
If you would like a part in creating lasting change in cancer treatment and research, please submit your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria at you earliest convenience.
Application closing date: 22nd October 2021
Apply today by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Chris O’Brien Lifehouse please visit our website at www.mylifehouse.org.au
This is a Category A position. To be employed by Chris O’Brien Lifehouse you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy. Information regarding this Policy is available on our careers website: http://www.mylifehouse.org.au/about-lifehouse/careers/
Lifehouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all our current open positions. If you require assistance, please let us know at the time of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.