Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, located in central Sydney and is one of Australia’s leading comprehensive cancer centres. With 8 theatres, 125 beds, 18 bed ICU, chemotherapy, Radiation oncology, co-located research and clinical trials and supportive care service, we provide comprehensive treatment across all tumour streams, improving patient experience and clinical outcomes.
Our Great hospital offers patients and employees a modern and safe environment specifically designed deliver individual patient centred care
2021 was an exciting year for us as we commission our new Interventional CT/angio theatre suite, two additional theatres and a second Da Vinci robot.
If you want to work in a modern environment, be part of a team who are making a difference to specialised oncological surgery and want to focus on career development, then why not consider exploring what we have to offer you.
Located in central Sydney, by increasing our capacity to 10 theatres and an intervention suite, we need to grow our highly skilled and motivated theatre team. We are proud that in staff survey, 86% of Scrub/Scout and 92% of Anaesthetic and Recovery staff rated us as a truly great place to work.
We are looking for experienced staff and offer a range of employment options including long or short shifts, weekend hours, flexible rosters and preferred speciality allocation wherever possible.
Our theatre team are continuing in the steps of our namesake, Prof O’Brien, in delivering patient centred care and hope for all patients.
If you have a passion for theatre nursing, want to work in a compassionate workplace, why not watch the top video to meet our team and give us a call today.
Our team will like to welcome you https://youtu.be/sARMG1PYdN4
Current positions available:
- Scrub & Scout staff: We are looking for experienced staff across all surgical specialities, interventional oncology and robotics. You will be an expert in your field and interested to continue working in a highly specialised unit where teamwork results in optimal surgical outcomes. Career progression in management, wanting a permanent work life balance or looking to continue developing your skills on a casual basis.
- Anaesthetics & Recovery staff: We are looking for experienced nurses to join the PARU nursing team, you will have a minimum of 2 years specialised anaesthesia and/or critical care experience. Senior staff with a minimum of 4 years’ experience may be eligible for CNS status. These roles work closely with the anaesthetists, pre-admission clinic and ICU staff to ensure patient safety. Opportunities for career development to coincide with the expansion of our services.
To apply you require:
- Current AHPRA Registration
- A minimum of 2 years peri-operative /critical care experience
- Demonstrated speciality experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to contribute to the on- call roster.
- Post-graduate qualification in perioperative nursing (or working towards)
Lifehouse employment benefits:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Great people & work environment
- Free security onsite parking available for evening, nights and weekend shifts.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Senior status available for suitable experienced applicants
- Not for profit employment benefits
To apply please send your CV and covering letter outlining your key experience as it relates to this role to: NursingCareers@lh.org.au
For more information on these opportunities please contact Elliot Brown, Peri-op Services Manager on 2 8514 0359 or Elliot.Brown@lh.org.au
All expressions of interest are welcome!
This is a Category A position. To be employed by Chris O’Brien Lifehouse you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy. Information regarding this Policy is available on our careers website: http://www.mylifehouse.org.au/aboutlifehouse/careers/
Lifehouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all our current open positions. If you require assistance, please let us know at the time of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to NursingCareers@lh.org.au.