Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, located in central Sydney and is one of Australia’s leading comprehensive cancer centres. With 8 theatres, 125 beds, 18 bed ICU, chemotherapy, Radiation oncology, co-located research and clinical trials and supportive care service, we provide comprehensive treatment across all tumour streams, improving patient experience and clinical outcomes.
Our Great hospital offers patients and employees a modern and safe environment specifically designed deliver individual patient centred care
Are you an experienced Nurse Practitioner (NP)/transitional NP working in the field of medical oncology, looking to utilise your specialist skills and experience in a state of the art dedicated cancer facility?
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner/Transitional NP to join our Medical Oncology team to support our ambulatory care service in clinics, day therapy and rapid assessment unit.
Key elements to the role and selection criteria:
- Use advanced competencies in clinical decision making, based on assessment, clinical data and diagnostic investigations
- Prescribe medications within scope of practice
- Operate a daily nurse led clinic within the day therapy unit
- Coordinate treatment plans and clinical procedures in relation to disease management
- Ensure multidisciplinary patient centred care with high level coordination, communication and multi department facilitation/management
- Provided expertise in the field of medical oncology and active cancer treatment, acting as a valued resource both in the unit and throughout the hospital supporting junior staff and assisting clinical decision making
- Demonstrate advanced clinical leadership, negotiation, liaison, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Skilled in symptom management assessment and advice for patients and their carers with disease symptoms or undergoing active treatment
- ‘First responder’ in the day therapy unit for clinical review calls including adverse drug reactions
With a clinical trials department and Sydney University campus on site, your role as NP has great opportunity to not only be involved with novel and progressive cancer treatments, but also the prospect to develop and collaborate in research for both medical and nursing fields.
In return for your experience and skills, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse offers the following:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Day Therapy Unit operational hours are 8am-8:30pm Monday- Friday
- Work with a team of colleagues who strive to provide the best care possible
If you are completing your NP program in the next 12 months, or you’re an NP in a critical care/emergency medicine field and this role is of interest to you we are also interested to talk about this career opportunity
For more information and on this opportunity, please contact Catherine Lambert, Director of Clinical Services on 85140690 or Catherine.Lambert@lh.org.au
If you’d like to hear more about Chris O’Brien Lifehouse, then please listen to our staff on https://youtu.be/sARMGI PYdN4
Applications to Nursingcareers@lh.org.au
Applications close January 28th, 2022
All expressions of interest are welcome!
This is a Category A position. To be employed by Chris O’Brien Lifehouse you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy. Information regarding this Policy is available on our careers website: http://www.mylifehouse.org.au/aboutlifehouse/careers/
Lifehouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all our current open positions. If you require assistance, please let us know at the time of your application.
To apply for this job email your details to Nursingcareers@lh.org.au.