At Chris O’Brien Lifehouse breast cancer patients can access breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, reconstruction and clinical trials.
As they strive to deliver the best breast cancer treatment, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse’s breast specialists work in dedicated team of surgeons, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, chemotherapy specialists, radiation therapy specialists, nurses and allied health workers focused on men and women with diagnosed or suspected breast cancer.
Using the latest technology, their work is underpinned by a busy research programme carried out by the doctors who treat our breast cancer patients, so that their work feeds directly back into improving breast cancer treatment.
A public breast cancer clinic runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the afternoons. Patients are assigned a Lifehouse doctor and will be allocated an appointment based on clinical priority. Breast cancer surgeons see new patients on all three days while breast physicians see new patients on Tuesday afternoons.
Meet our team
- A/Prof Cindy Mak Director of Breast Surgery, Breast (Oncoplastic) Surgeon
- A/Prof Sanjay Warrier Breast (Oncoplastic) Surgeon
- Dr April Wong Breast (Oncoplastic) Surgeon
- Dr Belinda Chan Breast (Oncoplastic) Surgeon
- Dr Fred Azimi Breast Surgeon
- Dr Susannah Graham Breast Surgeon
- Dr Nipu Jayatilleke Breast (Oncoplastic), Endocrine and General Surgeon
- Dr Paul Chen Breast (Oncoplastic), Endocrine and General Surgeon
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Bronwyn Kennedy
- Charon Western
- Wendy Vincent
If you would like to undertake your cancer treatment with us, you will first need to become a patient of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse. To do this, your GP or specialist will need to refer you to see one of our Lifehouse specialists.
The referral process is easy:
- Your GP or specialist can select a doctor from our list of specialists.
- A referral can then be written and sent to the doctor of your choice at their private rooms.
- If you would like to be seen at the Lifehouse Breast Clinic, your GP or specialist can fill out the Lifehouse referral form or send a standard referral letter by fax to (02) 9519 9214 or email BreastClinic@lh.org.au.
Your GP or specialist will submit your referral directly to Lifehouse.
Preparing for breast cancer surgery
Dr Cindy Mak is the Head of Breast Surgery at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse. In this video, she explains what you can expect when you come to Lifehouse for breast surgery, from the day before your operation through to care of your wound and recovery. Cindy’s surgery team includes Associate Professor Sanjay Warrier, Dr Belinda Chan, Dr April Wong, Dr Senarath Edirimanne, Dr Megan Hassal, Dr Michael Yunaev, Dr Nipu Jayatilleke, Dr Paul Chen and Dr Shagun Aggarwal.
If you wish to participate in a clinical trial, speak with your treating oncologist or GP to see if there are current trials you may be suitable for.
In NSW alone, someone is diagnosed with cancer every 13 minutes. Every dollar you contribute to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse will make a difference to the 57,000 patients who visit us each year.