About Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse is a comprehensive cancer centre in Sydney, Australia.
Our model is unique in Australia – a not-for-profit hospital that looks after both private and public patients.
We’re the only hospital in Sydney, and the state of NSW, that offers all aspects of cancer treatment and research under one roof.
Our facilities and services include a world-leading Biomedical Innovation Hub, Australia’s largest Sony Foundation You Can Centre for young people and a wide range of complementary treatment options.
Chris O’Brien Lifehouse attracts Australia’s leading surgeons, oncologists, clinicians and allied health workers who pride themselves on setting new standards for quality cancer treatment and care.
We run regional clinics and an acclaimed training program for international doctors and nurses.
Our purpose-built facility is designed as a contemporary and welcoming space to care for cancer patients as well as their families and loved ones.
We are named after the late Professor Chris O’Brien AO, a renowned head and neck surgeon, who was passionate about creating a specialist centre offering all aspects of cancer treatment.
Since opening in 2013, we have never lost sight of his vision and every day we live by his values of collaboration, excellence, respect, empowerment, nurturing and discovery.
Benefits of Working With Us
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Great people & work environment
- Free secure onsite parking available for evening, nights and weekend shifts.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Senior status available for suitably experienced applicants
- Not for profit employment benefits (tax savings)
- Work-life balance – 12 hours shift available
- Easy public transport access – trains and buses in close proximity
- Discounted rates from our LivingRoom services – Yoga, Reflexology/Meditation, Massage Therapy, and Acupuncture
- Onsite Gym – available for staff after 5 pm, personal trainer and classes also available.
- Located in the centre of Sydney with easy access to all the benefits of our great city, which offers many options for a cosmopolitan and outdoor lifestyle.
- 2 weeks of accommodation on arrival
- Payment of the nomination part of the 482 Visa if sponsorship is required
- WHV candidates will have 6 – 12 months secure job and then further visa sponsorship is available
Current Positions Available
We are eager to talk to you if you are a Registered Nurse, Allied Health Professional or Doctor with experience in any of the following areas:
- Experienced RN’s Interested in a specialist oncology surgical or medical career path. Job description here.
- Experienced Perioperative RN’s interested in Anaesthetics & Recovery and/or Scrub & Scout. Job description here.
- Experienced ICU Nurses interested in supporting patients following complex oncological surgeries and medical treatment. Job description here.
- Clinical Trials – Research Assistants. Job description here.
- Allied Health Professionals.
- Experienced ICU / Ward Career Medical officer.
Sponsorship is available!
If you are new to oncology, but want to work in a modern environment focused on patient outcomes and enjoy a great city, please get in touch with us now.