Our vision is to transform cancer treatment for Australians with cancer through an environment thriving on research, discovery and uncompromising care. These values and the needs of our patients guide our executive teams. They lead the strategic direction of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse and are committed to honest, principled leadership and communication.
Click on the profiles below to get to know our Board of Directors, Heads of Department and members of the Partnership Advisory Council.
Board of Directors
Meet our Board of Directors, who oversee and set the strategic direction of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse.
Heads of Department
Meet our Heads of Department, who play a crucial role in supporting all staff and enforcing departmental standards. They provide guidance and unparallled expertise and experience in their respective fields.
- A/Prof Christopher Milross Director of Radiation Oncology and Medical Services
- A/Prof Carsten Palme Head of Surgical Services, Director of Head and Neck Surgery
- A/Prof Cindy Mak Director of Breast Surgery, Breast (Oncoplastic) Surgeon
- A/Prof Harvey Stern Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- A/Prof Judith Lacey Director of Supportive Care and Integrative Oncology
- Clin A/Prof Rhonda Farrell Director of Gynaecological Oncology
- Dr Brindha Shivalingam Director of Neurosurgery
- Dr Kate Mahon Director of Medical Oncology
- Michael Soriano Director of Pharmacy
- Prof Henry Woo Director of Uro-Oncology, Urological Surgeon
- Prof Lisa Horvath Director of Research
- Prof Tristan Yan Director of Thoracic Surgery, Cardio Thoracic Surgeon
Partnership Advisory Council
Meet the members of our partnership advisory council.
The voice of the patient has always been at the heart of the design and development of Chris O’Brien Lifehouse. From the outset, making the cancer journey as easy as possible for patients has always been top of mind. From 2010, we engaged with a consumer group made up of patients, family members and carers, to help inform the Lifehouse’s initial design features and our model of care.
The Lifehouse Partnership Advisory Council was formed in September 2013, following a formal application process, and is made up of cancer survivors, carers and consumers. The council informs the development of Lifehouse policies, procedures and communication approaches that impact on the patient experience, and represents the patient voice in Lifehouse governance committees.