Dr Megan E Hassall
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Phone: (02) 9439 4042
Fax: (02) 9438 1998
North Shore Medical Centre
Suite 11, 66 Pacific Highway
Dr Megan Hassall was born in Cairns, Queensland. She graduated from the University of Queensland, in 1977. She has been practicing as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon since 1995, owning her own private practice located in the North Shore Medical Centre, St Leonards. She is a member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Since 1995 she has been a visiting medical officer at Royal North Shore Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital, The Mater Hospital and most recently Lifehouse.
Megan has a special interest in breast reconstructive surgery for the treatment of breast cancer: TRAM flap reconstruction, implant reconstruction and composite reconstructions of the breast following ablative surgery and also for congenital or acquired deformity.
Royal Australian College of Surgeons
Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
1) The free transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap in breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
D.G. Pennington and M. Hassall.
The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery. Vol. 61, No. 6.
2) V – Y advancement hamstring myocutaneous flap repair of ischial pressure ulcers.
C. Cope, P. Barry. M. Hassall, R. Barnett, M. Richards, J. Vandervord.
Number 12. Vol. 65, No. 6.
3) Review of management of perineal burns.
E. Weiler-Mithoff, M. Hassall.
“Burns” Accepted for publication. Oct 1995.
* Immediate Breast Reconstruction at Royal North Shore Hospital.
M. Hassall – Presentation
J. Vandervord – N.S.W. Chapter meeting.
4) Follow up of V-Y hamstring flap for treatment of pressure sores.
(8 year study)
K. Tavakoli, S Rutowski, C. Cope, M. Hassall, R. Barnett, M.Richards,
British Journal of Plastic Surgery – 1999
5) Submitted For Publication: ANZ Journal of Surgery.
Necrotising Fasciitis of the face and orbit following tooth extraction.
Colin Clement, Megan Hassall