What is physiotherapy?
Many people experience a number of physical difficulties, such as problems with strength, endurance, flexibility, balance and coordination due to cancer or treatment for cancer. Physiotherapists work with people to optimise their function and mobility, and promote independence and quality of life.
Lifehouse physiotherapists offer services to inpatients including:
- Providing walking aids to allow for more independent mobility
- Prescribing strengthening, balance and stretching exercises
- Early mobilisation and prevention of complications after surgery
- Education on falls prevention
- Providing exercises and strategies to promote optimal respiratory function
- Leah Steele – Leah.Steele@lh.org.au (02) 8514 0642