Welcome to the Lifehouse Gynaecological Oncology Group
We are a dedicated Group of surgeons, physicians, nurses and allied health workers focussed on women with diagnosed or suspected gynaecological cancers. We also undertake managment of patients with Pap smear detected abnormalties (colposcopy).
- All types and stages of gynaecological cancers, including cancer of the ovaries, cervix, uterus, vulva, vagina and pregnancy-related cancers.
- Colposcopy and follow-up of pap smear detected abnormalities.
- Women at high risk of gynaecological cancers.
Meet our team
Surgery & Clinics
Surgery & Private Clinics
Rapid Access Hysteroscopy Clinic
The Rapid Access Hysteroscopy service means that patients can be referred for a single visit assessment which includes consultation, biopsy and hysteroscopy at the same visit. This is the first such service in New South Wales. Read more >
Post Cancer Sexual Intimacy Clinic For Women
Gynaecological specialists at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse offer a post-cancer sexual intimacy clinic, after seeing thousands of Australian women treated for cancer in ways that can have unexpected effects on relationships. Read more >
Gynaecological Oncology Fellowship Training
The Lifehouse Gynaecological Oncology Group is accredited by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists for subspecialty training in gynaecological oncology.
We have two fully funded Fellow training positions each year. Positions are for 12 months with the expection that the Fellow may stay on for further training to complete a 2 or 3 year training program.
We also have an unfunded Gynaecological Oncology Fellowship and an unfunded Colposcopy Fellowship, both suitable for overseas applicants.
Before applying, all overseas Fellows must:
- Be fluent in English.
- Have completed their parent Obstetric and Gynaecology training.
- Demonstrate a committment to training in Gynaecological Oncology or Colposcopy and Dysplasia.
- Have demonstrated competency in advanced pelvic surgery or dysplasia.
- Demonstrated a committment to research and education.
Overseas Fellows will be issued a certification of training.
For more information regarding training please contact Professor Jonathan Carter .
Clinical Practice Guidelines
The Gynaecological Oncology Group is committed to providing excellence in teaching, research, education, patient care and administration. Read our 2016 Annual Report here >
In NSW alone, someone is diagnosed with cancer every 13 minutes. Every dollar you contribute to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse will make a difference to the 57,000 patients who visit us each year.